Office and IT Assistant
New Vacancy for Office and IT Assistant
|JOB TITLE & GRADE||Office and IT Assistant|
|REPORTS TO||Office Manager|
|LOCATION||St Swithins Lane, London|
|HOURS||Full-time: Monday to Friday|
|SALARY||Up to £20,000|
Cornhill Capital is a diversified stockbroking firm which is authorised & regulated by the FCA and a member of the London Stock Exchange, and Cornhill FX is an independent foreign exchange provider with major emphasis placed on client service.
The Office & IT Assistant will be required to assist the businesses in the support and maintenance of users and IT equipment as well as providing general office support.
The role will involve communicating with users and understanding their requirements and resolving IT issues. You will support the set-up of users’ access rights on approved systems, setup PCs and workstations, move and setup equipment as required, and will maintain local printers and peripherals to ensure that users have the resources they require. You will work with the external IT support company to ensure that issues are escalated and incidents are managed in a timely manner to order that users can work effectively. You will monitoring recurring problems and long-running problems and escalate as necessary.
You will carry out office duties including project work and general administrational tasks including; handling telephone calls and enquiries, reception duties, managing post, document scanning and archiving, ensuring the office is kept tidy and any other duty as requested by your Manager.
An interest in financial services would be beneficial as there may be the opportunity to be trained to support the operational function during business periods.
The role requires a good knowledge of systems and the technologies and would be ideal for a technical minded person looking to start a career in an office support role with an interest in financial services.
Duties for the Office and IT Assistant
- Assist the office in ensuring that the highest levels of service are provided to team members on a day-to-day basis.
- Provide first line support troubleshooting for simple MS office, printer queries etc.
- Act as a key point of contact with our external IT support company in regards to all issues concerning telecoms, internet and printers and ensure action is taken and incidents managed and resolved in a timely manner.
- Keep up to date IT records ensuring equipment is correctly assigned to users and offices.
- Assisting in desk and office set-ups and maintaining and setting up new users on a variety of systems.
- Support the transferring of data between platforms, as well as scanning documentation and archiving files.
- Handle general telephone and email enquiries, and direct to other team members or respond as appropriate.
- Provide support to various teams as required including carrying out administration and general office duties.
- Manage post and document scanning, and ensuring the office is kept tidy.
- Carry out reception duties including meeting and greeting visitors and carry out any other task as requested by the Office Manager.
Skills & Experience
- Excellent IT skills, ideally with basic network troubleshooting Systems Operation experience.
- Knowledge of a variety of software and operating systems in particular Microsoft Office products and Windows OS.
- To be highly focused and organised and have the ability to handle a number of projects and prioritise work.
- Prepared to be hands-on and flexible in assisting with any general office work as directed.
- A related qualification such as an HNC/HND in Administration and Information Technology, or equivalent would be an advantage.
- An Interest in the Financial Service industry and in developing new skills in an office environment.
Interviewing this month with immediate start.
PLEASE - Do not call the office, simply apply through this website. No agencies please.
If your skill set matches the above role, please submit your up to date CV below.